Friday, July 22, 2011

Get a peek at Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary's campaign mode



In this video Dan Ayoub from 343 Studios provides a look at the Silent Cartographer level in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. One feature he demonstrates is the ability to switch between the classic visuals (updated to support widescreen), and the new updated HD graphics.

The time they're taking to remake this classic is something I hope other publishers & developers take to heart. So many older games are being re-released as HD versions when really it just seems as though they're just upconverting the games resolutions, without really updating anything. I plan on picking this up even though I've played it so many times. The only other HD re-release I plan on picking up is Resident Evil 4, only because I never played when it first came out. If I had played it before, I wouldn't double dip with their poor excuse for an HD release.

No comments: