Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Experienced Wilbur's Revenge at Famous Dave's


I'm a big fan of Man Vs Food, and of Hot Wings. So recently I decided to see what type of food challenge I might be able to take. I've never been one to eat a large amount of food so I decided on spicey. So then I had to decide what type of spicey food should I try? I've never tried eating curry, so that was out. I like eating peppers with my food, but I don't usually eat them alone so that was out. Hot wings? Well I have to say that they're the beloved food of fire eating enthusiast. So I decided to see how hot I can go with them.

While planning on picking up som BBQ at Famout Dave's restaraunt last month, I noticed they added two new levels of heat to their original three Hot Wing sauces. I was already familiar with their level three sauce Devil's Spit, so I tried their level four sauce, Pineapple Rage. I was a bit dissapointed with the heat on this one. Now it could be because my order only a little bit of sauce on them but I figured if this was level four, five should be easy.

This last Sunday I tried their level five sauce Wilbur's Revenge, and it was great. It had just the right amount of heat and taste. It was hot, but not too hot, and for a regular type of meal heat, I'd say it's just the right amount for me. I plan to continue my search for other local hot sauces and I'll let you guys know when I find a hotter wing. Also, if anyone knows the Scoville rating for the Wilbur's Revenge hotwing sauce or those of other chains, please let me know.

No comments: